Sunday, June 11

yuengling sighting

Miller Park. Saturday, June 10th. 6:00 p.m. CDT

The sighting occurred at the entrance to the stadium. The drinker was ahead of me by 2 people, but I pushed them out of the way to make my beer connection. I tapped the drinker on the shoulder. Once, and then much harder the second time. He turned around, probably looking for a fight, but then he saw the longing in my eyes as I said, "Hey! Where did you get that Yuengling? Do they sell it here?"

He replied, "My buddy brought it from Pennsylvania. It's good beer. I don't even know how to pronounce it." This would be the point of the conversation that he was supposed to say, "Come back to our tailgate. We have a truckload of Lager." But instead he turned and headed to the ticket taker.

Later, Jake told me that he thinks the guy threw away half of a can of beer before entering the park. It's a crying shame.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Later, Jake told me that he thinks the guy threw away half of a can of beer before entering the park.

That is so wrong.

Donny said...

My favorite part of that line is the fact that Jake waited to tell me until later so that I wouldn't ask if I could finish the guy's beer.

Donny said...

When are you coming to visit? You should come in August when Jake will still be living in our apartment but no longer working.

Anonymous said...

why would i visit Milwaukee when I already have access to cheese, beer, and...more cheese?

Donny said...

You're underestimating how much fun I can create in Milwaukee - the Champagne of Second Tier Cities. And anyway, I thought Mr. Anon. was from here. Doesn't he want to visit his peeps? Don't you want to see where he came from?

Anonymous said...

Don't you want to see where he came from?

eh, not really.

but seriously, I would love to meet Jake (and see you, as an afterthought of course). Too bad we're going to California in August. I'd cancel the trip, but who am I kidding, even you would agree - California is a way cooler than Wisconsin.

Donny said...

I'm planning to go to California in September. Ray doesn't know yet, though. I've asked Tom too. You should delay your plans until September. We'll be bigger than the quake.

Anonymous said...

well if you can convince mr. anon's friends to postpone their wedding, then it's a deal. oh and also you'll have to buy us new tickets since the ones we've already bought will do nothing for us. oh and maybe write mr. anon's anonymous graduate school a letter excusing him from the first week of school to participate in the festivities, that would be helpful too. let me know. i'm going to go play softball now, hopefully i won't (re) sprain my ankle. :)

Donny said...

My intern has nothing to do. I'll have him get on it right away.