Monday, January 22

I love my bank

Today they sent me a free coupon to reverse one overdraft charge that I may incure in the next year. Isn't that great? My last bank charged me $140 in overdraft charges before they let me know that my paycheck required a 5 day waiting period before it cleared. But my new bank sends me sweet coupons of love.

In addition, my bank is easily accessed in my grocery store on every day of the week and into the early evenings. The interest rates are quite high despite the smaller savings amounts of a twenty-something. And the staff is very friendly: even beginning to recognize me. Sometimes they are a little too friendly, such as the new bank teller, who this weekend asked me if my savings account is a money market because I "have a lot of money in there." I remained polite, but I wanted to correct her because: 1) It really isn't "a lot" of money. It's enough to get me by if my car dies or if I quit my job for a few months. 2) Don't say stuff like that outloud.

Also, a local bar recently charged $60 to my debit card even though I only spent $20. They have not yet responded to my voice messages or e-mail. It's the type of bar that is only open after 9 on weekends, so I haven't actually gone there in person. I lost my receipt, but I know my bill was $20, because that's the minimum charge and I only had one drink. (I thought I was mad about the $20, but the $60 made me angrier than when I see grocery stores using apostrophes in their produce signs. e.g. Apple's and Banana's) However, my bank told me not to worry. They suggested I approach the bar once more, and if the management doesn't check their records, we can just fill out an affidavit. Easy as pie.

3 comments:

craziasian said...

who is your bank? The Bank of Donny?

Donny said...

No, it's a legitimate bank. But it's local, so you won't be able to find it in Pennsylvania.

Rowdehchickpea said...

Please tell your bank to tell my bank (TCF) that small banks don't have to suck. Thank you.