Wednesday, January 23

Social Lubricant

Milwaukee is still cold. I arrived home from school today to a cold house and turned up the heat. And by "turned up the heat" I mean I chugged two beers in 30 minutes. I have a schoolteacher salary remember, and oil is more expensive than beer. Technically it's not, but orange juice is. But I digress. Anyway, I had a couple of e-mail messages to write that I have been putting off because they are somewhat awkward to write. For example, last month's heating bill arrived and I have to contact my old roommate with the amount that he owes me. I have put this off for a week. However, 2 beers + 1 empty stomach = 1 message - awkwardness. Let's just hope I remembered punctuation and grammar. In fifteen minutes I have completed all of my awkward correspondence.

And now Bluegrass Wednesday awaits. Who knew that I was a bluegrass fan? Not me.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Is that why I got an email from you about a heating bill!? Man, I had no idea. Also, I think you cc-ed the white house on that one. Pretty "heated" language too!

Don't worry, I'll vouch for you with Homeland Security.