Monday, May 18

Big Weekend

I accomplished quite a lot this weekend.

  • I chaperoned prom. I was going to take pictures but then realized that I was only taking pictures so that I could post ridiculous pictures of students on my blog. There is so much to say about my high school's prom, but I only want to mention one thing. Some of the girls did not have enough support in the "cleavledge"* area. The straps of their dresses broke and they spent most of the evening holding up the fabric by hand.
  • I ran 18 miles on Saturday. It took more than 3 hours.
  • I went on the pub crawl in my neighborhood. The low point of the day was drinking Natural Ice; the high point, eating meatball sandwiches at the Puerto Rican bar down the street to celebrate the owner's daughter's graduation. I also found out that a coworker of mine tends bar 3 blocks from my house. And he'll give me shots of whiskey for free!
  • I woke up at 4 am with the urge to purge my body of Nattie Ice and Puerto Rican meatballs. I watched episodes of The West Wing instead. Thank goodness the thieves left those.
  • I attended church.
  • I napped.
  • I cut the grass.
  • I ran another 3 miles.
  • I registered for the neighborhood beer run. 1.8 miles. 4 official beer stops.
  • I saw Star Trek. Eh, it's ok.
  • I looked at a pile of student work and decided not to grade it.

*"Cleavledge" is the term that my principal uses to refer to women's breasts.

No comments: