Saturday, December 3

Christmas Party

I survived the "Holiday Party." But I'm wondering how my coworkers did. Amazingly I think I was the most sober of the bunch - even though my guest was my flask of Jim. And noone helped me drink it! The party was held in Kohler, Wisconsin, known for its toilets and bathroom fixtures. There were a couple of office parties being held in the same ballroom so there were a bunch of tables though we only took up three of them.

This morning I managed to wake up at 9. Actually someone had called my phone, though the number was "unknown" so I may never know who it was. I made a quick sweep of the continental breakfast and saved the stash in my room. I bundled up and headed out to the sports center and gym. It was a full-fledged salon and spa, but only affiliated with the hotel. I had to walk past a frozen lake, on which there were ice fishermen. The gym had 2 lap pools. The showers had three showerheads. They had real soap. And towel service! It takes so little to impress me. It was great.

The extra money was definitely worth staying in a nice hotel over night and the peace of mind of not having to drive home or watch how much I drink.

I should also point out some highlights of the night. Scanning the crowds for bad hair pieces with a new coworker's husband. Dancing with the new guy's cute girl friend. A lot. Not being punched by the new guy. Telling the manager, flabbergasted by discovering the latest office romance, that there's a lot more that goes on in the office that he doesn't know about. The electric slide.

No comments: