Sunday, March 25

When Fantasy Congress Become Real

Today I met Congresswoman Gwen Moore, the representative from my district in the House. She was our guest speaker at church. After the service I introduced myself to her. For lack of a better conversation topic, I told her that I have her picked in my fantasy congress league and that I would appreciate it if she would be as active as possible because that would help my score. I explained to her that I get points for all sorts of activity from the passing of her sponsored legislation to just showing up for roll call. I don't think she knew what I was talking about but she did tell me that her aides have mentioned "fantasy congress" before. Perhaps she'll look into it.

I think that I should receive some sort of credit in the league for actually having met someone on my team.

6 comments:

Rowdehchickpea said...

Too bad that no matter what she does, you won't earn points because our league is not active. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

As one of her aides, we sent her the site ... we thought it was pretty cool. So she is aware of what you were referring to. I am sure she feels honored you chose her. Best of luck!

Donny said...

Adina and I both agree that we read somewhere that the league will begin in May. Did you know Adina has a spreadsheet she's using for this?! That's crazy.

Rowdehchickpea said...

except for the fact that other teams are already earning points...

Anonymous said...

I was just reading Jenn's LJ. Was your linkage: Homonym -> Whale -> Mammary Gland -> Breast?

Anonymous said...

Well written article.