Friday, August 24

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing

I finally received my placement in Milwaukee Public Schools. Unfortunately, though I still don't know my grade or subject matter. So, I continue to look for general lesson plans and general thoughts about teaching math. I'm currently reading an interesting book about how to teach problem solving.

I suppose I should also be working on items that I know I'll have to do at one point or another. For example, my certification class requires that I write out my Philosophy of Education and a Letter to the Parents.

However, the unemployed life has been fun. I have been "bumming" around the house, cleaning and fixing things. I still spin and swim in the mornings. I have been shopping and lounging in coffee shops. I have been able to volunteer some time at the church and help Katie set up her classroom. Who needs a job?

No comments: