Monday, February 18

PA Updates

My mom called me the other day with updates from home.

Mr. So-and-so died, which is too bad because his son was finally getting married this year. "Finally" because the bride graduated with me and they were dating back in high school. I've known the bride since kindergarten; we trick-or-treated together. The groom played bells next to me in the church bell choir.

One of the local firefighters, who is also a PennDOT employee, found the body parts of a dead (duh!) person on the side of the local highway. They found most of the woman except for her hands, which they needed for identification purposes. So, my sister, along with several other people in the area, volunteered to comb the area for the hands. Kelly didn't find them, but she did find a bag of poop. This leads us to more puzzling questions of who throws bags of poop to the side of the highway.

I gave these updates to Christie, but she already knew them. She told me she forgot to pass along those stories because they were surpassed by another story from her father. I remember her telling this story. It began like this:

Christie: Guess who called my father this week? Dr. Phil!

Of course, after a lead-in like this, weddings and murders are forgotten.

No comments: