Monday, May 19

Grief?

Last Monday, someone broke into my house. The thief stole my computer, my digital camera, some cash, and my DVDs. I now realize that he (or she!) also took some of my security. The lost computer is not such a big deal because of the money, but because of all of the information stored on it - especially the pictures. And all of the ridiculous items I have been producing so that I can finally finish my licensing to become a teacher. Back to the drawing board, I suppose.

Anyway, today I was thinking about the DVDs that were taken. Only my West Wing and Lord of the Rings collections remain, so obviously the thief has no culture. I'm not much of movie guy, so I won't really miss the movies for the film value. But almost all of them had some sentimental value - or belonged to someone else. I had three movies from Jon - two of which were uncommon French Canadian films and hard to replace. I had a documentary from a guy at church about the Cuban medical system. I'm sure to find that one at Target next to Bringin' Down the House. I also had a library loaner. Owe, I hope the thief returns it to the library.

Many of the other titles were gifts. Shrek - a Christmas present from an aunt, The Shawshank Redemption from Tom, Dead Poets' Society a going-away gift from my co-workers when I left to become a teacher. I don't want them back because I plan to watch them again. I want them back because they were gifts.

1 comment:

Rowdehchickpea said...

Ugh - what a fiasco! Sorry you got broken into. Who steals French Canadian films????