Monday, June 23

IOWA

When Wisconsinites vacation, they go to Iowa. This weekend, Amanda brought Christie, Jon, and me to her hometown of Maquoketa, IA. As Jon said on the way home, Iowa exceeded expectations. We had a good time. I don't have a camera, but I'll steal some pictures from my friends to give more detail to the highlights of the trip.

Catfish fry - I ate 3 fish. I know how much I ate because the meat was still on the bone. We also drank Bud from a can.

Two fires in the backyard.

Flapjacks Restaurant - We learned that IHOP is not in Canada. Apparently the "I" means nothing. Christie looked around at the other patrons of Flapjacks and realized her future.

The Caves - Only pictures will express how cool these were.

The Field of Dreams - Only pictures will express how much it looks like a baseball diamond in a cornfield.

Popsicle Stick - Amanda had one stuck on her car roof for the entire trip. Many conversations were held regarding the popsicle stick.

Drive-in Movie - We arrived 2 hours early to get a good spot only to find that the movies being shown were Don't Mess with the Zohan and Made of Honor. Lucky for us we had whiskey, beef jerky, popcorn, beer, strawberries, and junior mints to pass the time. I fell asleep for most of Zohan and we left after 15 minutes of MoH.

2 comments:

mance01 said...

Rudy's Mexican restaurant in Davenport, Iowa has the greatest shredded beef burritos on the planet. I heart Iowa.

Donny said...

We went to Obie's for tacos. You know it's a taco place (though it looks like every other bar) because its sign has a picture of a chili pepper drinking a beer.