Tuesday, October 24

update

I still don't have internet in my apartment. I've signed up for it, I'm paying for it, but it's not working. And I am tired of calling the help desk and taking the various boxes back to the computer store. First my router was a problem. Then the wireless router was the problem. Now it just seems that my computer is the problem - though it's working fine here in the library. I wish I had computer-literate friends who lived nearby.

I'm thinking about asking my office's ex-IT guy to look at my network connections for me. Perhaps I'll cook him dinner in exchange for his computer wizardry. Who wouldn't exchange a few hours of work for meatloaf.

I wore a tie to work today and received comments from all but two of the coworkers who saw me. I bet I won't get that many comments when I wear my mullet wig all day Thursday in preparation of our Halloween Party. It's strange that the mullet wig is more acceptable in my office than a tie. But it is a very nice tie.

3 comments:

Tom said...

I'd guess it won't be a few hours work. If it's just getting your computer to talk to your wireless router, it might even be just a few minutes work.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully he's not a vegetarian...meatloaf gets you nowhere with those people.

Donny said...

He's 6'6", blond, Polish descent. He didn't get that way by eating brussel sprouts.