Tuesday, December 19

Craig's List Missed Connections

Today I was skimming the Milwaukee Missed Connections on Craig's List to see if I had caught anyone's attention as I went about my business this weekend. I expected something along the lines of "hot moustache on cold ice - let's meet" or "hey lonely guy in the cancelled yoga class - you can't read signs, but maybe someone will tell you about this posting", but I found nothing directed to me.

However, I did find a missed connection that matched my friend, Sarah, perfectly. This wasn't a typical MC description with universal (i.e. "you were wearing pants and paying with a credit card") and or vague (i.e. "your(sic) hot - you know who I am") details. Instead the description had the class that they shared and the restaurant that she waitressed in. And it had her name! Of course, these details could also classify the guy as a stalker, but "hope springs eternal within the human gonads". (Edward Abbey)

I hope Sarah contacts him.

No comments: