Saturday, October 20

P. Egg Nicki

Adrienne organized a kickball team this year. Even though I'm on the team, we have yet to win a game. Sometimes our morale gets a little low but then something happens to raise our spirits. Usually that "something" involves alcohol, but there are occasions when we make good plays.

Due to my kickball league experience, I was asked to fill in for another team today when some of its members decided that they would not make it to a tournament. I have a tough time calling this a "tournament" though, because really it was just an excuse to begin drinking early in the morning. We began with a Bloody Mary breakfast at 9 and then moved on to the jello shots.

After two losses, our team (named "P. Egg Nicki" due to a computer glitch) was knocked out of the competition. It was not a glory-filled day. However, the weather was beautiful and we had a great time.

I have some pictures that I hope capture the spirit of the tournament.



Our team Sponsor, whose motto is "Eat, Drink, & Be Pickled".


The tournament was held in beautiful Pewaukee, Wisconsin, home of the Pewaukee Chamber of Commerce - and of course, the Pickled Egg.

Our Pregame warm-up included alcohol and the playground. This is a picture of Adrienne's legs. I think it captures how "with it" we were that day.

You may ask, "How could you lose to drunk teams?" But remember this was a team of superheroes. Drunk superheroes, but superheroes nonetheless.
And pirates. We lost to teams of drunk pirates.

Somehow, Papa Smurf made it onto the Superhero team. He was the pitcher. And I actually heard him yell during the game, "Quit smurfing around, and Play Kickball!"

I also wish I had a picture of Papa Smurf passed out on a picnic table after his first game.

No comments: