Tuesday, August 26

August

August has been a busy month for me...and my big toe. I think an appropriate way to tell my story of August would be through the point of view of my big toe.

Day 1: Finally wearing shoes on a regular basis. The weird tan line from the sandals is a little embarrassing. It is nice to see that Donny at least has a two week job at the YMCA teaching a math enrichment class.

Day 4: Gained several blisters during a 10 mile run. Sure he may have reached his goal of a time less than 1 hour 40 minutes, but was it worth the pain?


Day 5: Blisters seem to be growing. I think my nail is coming off.

Day 6: Nail is definitely changing colors. Oh it hurts. Still working though so I spend my days in a shoe.

Day 7: OMG, he's running again!

Day 8: Last day of work for the summer. Spent all night dancing at Jake and Katie's wedding. Motown favorites, MJ; this guy never sits down! Those black shoes from high school still look good. I wish

Day 10: Large nail definitely falling off. Donny's cousin and her fiance show up for the week. Looks like there will be plenty of walking.


Day 13: Saw my third brewery tour in as many days. I can't believe they let me in here in my open-toe shoes. Also, visited the zoo and filled the bar on bluegrass night.

Day 15: Mom and Dad come to visit. Continue to walk around the city and site-see. Mom suggests that my nail be polished a natural color.

Day 19: Attacked by a cicada as big as myself!


Day 20: Return to yoga and hope that nobody notices the state of me or my 9 brethren. Realize that everyone else is sweating too much to look at their neighbor's feet.

Day 21 - 24: Camping in the UP! Some hiking in shoes but often in sandals too. Get stubbed on a bed post on way the bathroom one night. Ouch.

Day 25: Step a bee and get stung. Life's not fair! I wish I were in a shoe and at work.

Day 26: Bought new running shoes. Nice, new running shoes. Expensive new running shoes. Maybe this will prevent blisters and loss of toe nails.

Day 27: Tomorrow school begins again. Life will return to the shoe. Tonight spent playing kickball and listening to bluegrass music. Life is good as a toe.

No comments: