Tuesday, November 10

survey

A few months ago I took a survey about family and marriage support programs in Milwaukee. This week I have been contacted to meet for my follow-up interview. I like doing surveys. I feel important. And after studying statistics in college I like to be on this side of the data.

In my last interview the man came to my house and asked me a great deal of questions about marriage. At one point he asked me how many times I talked about marriage in the previous 6 weeks. I clarified that he meant marriage in general and not just my own, and answered Fifty. He was in taken aback. I explained that I'm at the age when I go to several weddings a year. I hear about engagements and several of my friends talk about their new marriages (and/or struggling marriages) on a regular basis. My coworkers alone probably account for half of my marriage talk, and we only really speak to each other during lunch and in between classes.

My follow-up interview is scheduled for Saturday afternoon. I was invited to 3 weddings in October. I wonder if my interviewer will be surprised by my answers this time.

No comments: