Thursday, October 16

And Then I Saw My Boss Naked

I had a rough Tuesday.

5:30 - Woke up, got outta bed

7:00 - Arrived at school for grading

7:30 - Staff meeting. Watched a video about generic drugs. Sat through lecture from principal about being on time. Reminded that Open House was that evening from 5 to 7.

8:30 - Students begin to trickle into classes because there is still no tardy policy!

9:30 - 3:40 - "taught" classes. By "taught" I mean that I presented information to scores of people although their reception was limited. Put up with "Bum Day" the second day of the Spirit Week from hell. How does smearing white powder under your nose as if it were coke qualify as spirit-building?

4:00 - Dinner with the new teacher because he's on the edge. I don't know if it's the edge of quitting or going postal, but it's the edge of something. Listened to his struggles.

5:00 - 7:00 - Open House. No administration was in the building to give us direction but I was able to get some work done.

7:30 - Swam a mile at the gym

8:20 - Showered

8:22 - Went to the locker room. Saw my principal wearing only his glasses. Because I wasn't wearing my glasses I did not recognize him until I was about a meter away. I struggled through an awkward "Hey, how are you?" and wondered whether I should call him "Mr. _______" or by his first name, which I have never actually done. It just doesn't seem right to address someone formally when they are wearing the most informal of outfits.

8:26 - Drove home

8:45 - Arrived home

8:46 - Began my whiskey-tastic evening

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow.