Sunday, October 26

Full Saturday

On Saturday morning I ran 15 kilometers with Jon and Mario. Actually, I only ran with Mario - Jon left us in his dust. I finished in 1 hour 29 minutes - a new world record! And by "world" I mean within my house. My eight remaining toe nails are still connected to my feet and I have no blisters. Unfortunately though, I cannot lift my legs to go up stairs. I should have stretched more and sat in the ice bath longer. I also wish I had known that there would be unlimited free beer after the race. I would not have driven to the race.

Saturday evening I went to an indoor soccer game in which Jon and several of our other friends played. They easily lost, but I missed the end because I ended up going to the Emergency Room with Adrienne and Tad, her boyfriend who was kicked in the knee within 8 seconds of running onto the "field". His knee cap ended up being a few inches from where it should have been. He was able to leave the hospital on crutches but not after we spent a few hours there. I haven't been to the ER since I lived in the same city as Jackie. She made every holiday exciting.

2 comments:

Rowdehchickpea said...

I ran a 5k on Sunday. I got third place for women and eighth place overall! There were 3 women and 5 men. It was a low turnout because of the rain.

Donny said...

I've never been in such a small race. How did you find out about it?

I placed 36th in my age group.