Thursday, October 23

Grandpa

My grandfather died last Friday and I made a sudden trip to Pennsylvania over the weekend. Despite the reasons for the trip, I greatly enjoyed the time with my family. It was four days spent laughing and crying - but mostly laughing. Grandpa was a great man who taught his family by example. He was stern, but as he got older he mellowed out and I always looked forward to my visits with him over the holidays. He told decent jokes that were always (usually) clean.

Some of my fond memories of him include when we left him at the restaurant after celebrating his birthday. He paid for the meal. And as he was taking care of the bill, we got into our cars and left. Because people had switched cars, no one realized that he was not in any of the cars until we were back at his house.

This is also the grandfather for whom I made jello shots on his 80th birthday.

The following video is him singing around the camp fire at a family party. I have been singing this song to myself all week

1 comment:

Rowdehchickpea said...

That video is priceless. I hope you will be that awesome when you grow old.