Friday, January 28

Grocery Greetings

My grocery store has a greeter. I hate that. It pisses me off that they feel that they need to pay someone to say, "Good Morning," to me - as if all other employees are too busy to acknowledge my presence in the store. And then, as you leave the store, she asks, "Did you find everything you were looking for?" Of course, I did. Is this communist Russia? Are you going to run out of bread? However, I'm glad I never gave her a sarcastic remark, because the other day they actually did run out of milk. How does a grocery store run out of milk? It wasn't before or after a snowstorm, which would be understandable. I live in the Dairy State. How do they run out of milk? We have more cows than people in this state. They put a cow on our commemorative quarter. Perhaps they should be investing more in stocking shelves and less on greeters.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

from jackie. I'm glad you are a blogger now. You know, i don't read or write blogs when I have extra time. I do it when I have a mountain of work on my desk. that's what sucks. i have not filed in weeks. i am spending this entire afternoon filing. ugghh. glad you went ice skating! and i'm glad you invited your consultant coworker. i'm like her...sometimes you don't know if it's an invitation type event or not and some people would rather remain silent and be thought a fool than speak up and remove all doubt, as they say.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes those people are useful, especially when you can't find the gluten-free Frookie section.

So you finally caved. Sorry you are not cool enough for a livejournal.

Anonymous said...

and the blog community all jump on donny's blog. we have been waiting for this for quite some time now.

whoooooooooooooo.

sorry about the milk. today, i found out that 4 oz. of monterey jack cheese has 100% of my saturated fat. i ate a giant bowl of macaroni with 4 oz. of monterey jack cheese on it.

who am i kidding, it was at least 5 oz. thank you, dairy state.

~ adina

Tom said...

I agree. it's not communist russia. did anyone else picture what it would be like if Wisconsin actually was like communist russia? lines of people stretching for six city blocks waiting for the next shipment of bratwurst and beer. cows with the hammer and sickle spray painted on them. and with a combination of a wisconsin and russian accent, no one would be able to understand anything. also, felecia, what the hell is a frookie? it sounds like a muppet. (yes, I know it's probably a gluten fr(ee c)ookie, but seriously, are you dating a character from fraggle rock? adina. as they say, don't worry about the saturated fat content, worry about the taste content. you can never go wrong by adding another stick of butter. finally, jackie, get back to work. (haha)

sincerely,
tgme.

Johnny Sapphire said...

"Jackie get back to work."

Also brilliant.