Monday, January 24

Textbook Monday

I tried to think of the highlight of my day today and, sadly, I couldn't. It was just a normal Monday. I woke up and went swimming at the gym across the street from my apartment. While at work, I took a short lunch and stayed late. I wanted to get some extra time in today because on Wednesday, the office is going to go ice skating after the staff meeting. There's a rink across the street from our building and one of my coworkers, Eric, and I have been talking about skating for the past few months. Even some of the consultants have brought in their skates and they're only waiting for us younger guys to organize the event. It will be good to break up the monotony of valuing pension plans all day, even if it means the risk of a broken ankle.

When I arrived home tonight, I didn't feel like cooking so I went out for dinner before going to the library. I began studying for my next exam, which will be in May. The topic is interest theory, which makes studying relatively easy - a good deal of practice problems, very little reading, and all cut-and-dry, right-and-wrong answers. I should be able to ace this exam, but if I'm too arrogant now, I'll probably set myself up for failure.

My evening ended with cooking for tomorrow's dinner (hamburger helper!) and setting up this blog. I struggled for an hour with a title, only to give up on being clever or poignant, and settle on my original title
CabbageHead in Latin.

No comments: