Friday, May 19

Moscow

It's nice to be done studying (for a while). The exam that I took yesterday went relatively well. I only guessed flat-out on 5 of 40 problems. And then another 10 were fairly good guesses. No matter what, I had to have scored higher than I did last November.

To celebrate, I tagged along with Mick and Kate and their friends. We had a good time - mostly because we found a bar with $2 martinis and $1 drafts. The music was good too, but as Mick pointed out, "I have a feeling that the band wouldn't be as good if we were sober." In between sets the DJ managed to pull off everything from Madonna to MJ to Journey to the Humpty Dance.

And did this keep me from my 7 am flight this morning? No way, Jose. I was at the airport with bells on. And two flights and one 5-hour lay-over I am back in Moscow. Unfortunately, not all of my luggage made it with me. I talked to the airline's ticket dealer/ticket taker/baggage handler/runway operator (It's a small airport.) and he said that my luggage will probably be on the next flight. I'm not optomistic. If my luggage can't make it to the plane in 5 hours, I don't see how more time will help.

The reason I'm in Moscow this week is for a family party. Aunt Ludmilla and Uncle Harry are celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary. Aunt Ludy has been listing requests for the DJ. She has made a special one for a Rod Stewart song, for which she and Uncle Harry have been practicing a dance for. This could be my flickr debut, if I can figure out my sister's digital camera.

No comments: