Friday, August 19

Beth

Last night I drove to Racine to visit Beth, who was in visiting at her father's house. She actually came to Wisconsin to say "good-bye" to her mother who is doing a two-year mission trip in Africa. That's incredible; I can't imagine my mother doing that.

Beth's dad and step-mom were fun. The extended family was there but I mostly hung out with the immediate family, like Beth's dad and brother, David. We ate brats and drank beer. We gossiped about our friends, which I always love to do. I told Beth's dad about Jenn's blog and how it had a good story of the girls getting drunk on Jackie's last day in Boston. We watched the lightning shoot across the sky. We went inside when it started to rain. And we went in the basement when the tornado warnings started. We had our tornado kit with us though - a flashlight, a corkscrew, some glasses and some wine.

We popped the cork and began a game of Trivial Pursuit. Step-Mom had had plenty of wine and she made the game amusing. Eventually though I had to leave because it was getting late. But it was a great cook-out. I should take Beth's dad's offer to come down anytime for a beer or a pizza or anything. It would be a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Tom said...

ok, so you said you were at a cookout with beth's family, and that you at brats, and I immediately thought you meant you ate her brother david. because he is a brat. then I remembered you live in wisconsin and that's not how you pronounce it.

-t