Sunday, August 21

Can you repeat that please?

Since I began swimming, I occasionally have had water in my ear. No big deal. After a few hours- maybe a day, it would go away.

Last Tuesday, while I was in the dentist's chair, they tipped me back to a weird angle and the water in my ear reached a new section. The water is still there. And I have not been able to hear well for the past week. It's not a big deal until I try to talk with people, especially if there is a good deal of background noise. I also have a problem hearing when I'm eating. All I can hear then is the chewing that is going on in my own head.

I bought hydrogen peroxide yesterday and I've been cleaning my ear with that. It's only $0.52 for a bottle! But that doesn't seem to be helping. I think I'm going to have to buy the more expensive ($2.50/tube) ear wax remover. These are the days that I want a girl friend. I need someone who can see my ear and take care of me.

Of course, a well-trained butler could do that too.

2 comments:

mance01 said...

If it's really bad and you really have awesome benefits from your job, you should go to a walk-in clinic and get your ears cleaned out. They have this machine that pumps warm water in and out of your ear...I don't know how it works. It kind of hurt...but felt strangely good..and afterward I could hear everything. EVERYTHING. Just a thought. :)

Anonymous said...

You have to watch out for those things though. By things I mean ear doctors. One time I was at the doctor's office and they looked in my ear and the doctor was like, oh you have earwax. She rooted around in my ear trying to get the earwax out. Only it wasn't that simple. She pulled out this hard crusty ear wax that had stuck to the inside of my ear; when she pulled it out it hurt so bad it made my eyes water and my ear bleed!! And then she had to give me an antibiotic liquid drop thing to put in my ear twice a day for a week.