Tuesday, August 2

Drunk Hugger

At dinner with my coworkers last night, we discussed the drunken adventures of the Intern. The office manager thought the stories were great. He's still a college guy at heart. I bet he was in a frat. He's huge, probably 6'4" and built. Not necessarily muscley, but certainly not fat - he's just a big guy.

I sat next to him at dinner and while we discussed embarassing drunk stories he quietly said something about "hugging people". I couldn't help it but laugh, because it's a well-known fact in the office that the manager hugs people when he's drunk. He's hugged all of us at one point, I'm sure. And despite his size, it only takes two or three drinks to get him to that point.

I started to laugh at his comment, so he turned to me and asked, "Are you laughing at me?" I could only nod because I was laughing too much. It really is a silly idea: it's like finding out that the varsity quarterback from high school loses all of his toughness after 2 beers and starts hugging everything in sight. Luckily the rest of the table was laughing at Intern, so noone else knew that I was laughing at the boss, except for the boss. He understood though. He's a good guy - fun to be around and understanding. And if you by him a drink, he'll give you a hug.

2 comments:

Donny said...

I don't use my boss's name to hide his identity.

I don't use Intern's name because we never do. I bet there are people in the office that don't even know his name.

Anonymous said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this post.

I love stories about drunk coworkers.