Wednesday, November 2

nothing special

I really like this actuarial discussion forum that I've found. Perhaps, now I won't spend so much time reading friends' blogs while I'm at work.

The past few days have not been too eventful. After work I go to the library to study. And after that I come home to study. I do a good deal of daydreaming during the day and thinking about things besides mortality rates, but I don't seem to remember any of those thoughts when I go to sit in front of my computer.

Oops, there's another ladybug on my computer. They are all over this apartment. Not just within, but they're on the outside of the building too. When I was walking in front of my building yesterday, one flew straight at my eye - full speed. And man, those things can be solid, when they hit you straight on. My hands automatically went for my face and my body flew back with my head. I wonder if anyone saw me on the street as I battled the crazy ladybug.

Today is Jake's birthday. He had dinner with his girlfriend and her family. He invited me too, but then uninvited me when I hesitated as I decided. He said he understands that I want to study. That wasn't why I hesitated. I just thought it would be weird to meet the GF's family like that. It would be his party, but because I'm the new guy, I'd probably get the attention. Either way, I'm glad I got out of it. I actually did some studying tonight, though I skipped my stained glass class to do so.

For his birthday, Jake received 12 cocktail glasses, a martini mixer, and a bottle of blue curacao from the GF's family. What kind of person do they think he is?

1 comment:

Tom said...

clearly they think he's a drunk. don't tell them about your actuarial discussion forum, because lord knows what they'll think of you. (HA)