Monday, November 7

Practice Exam

My exam is tomorrow. There will be 40 problems on it, to be completed in 4 hours.

Yesterday I took a mini-practice exam: 10 problems in an hour. I received a 40% (that's 4 correct). That's really not too bad of a score, especially considering that the questions were not the typical; they had been written by a professor at University of Chicago who felt that they represented what the SOA (Society of Actuaries) expects of us. What concerns me more is that of the 4 correct problems, 3 of them were guesses. The problems that I actually computed were wrong, save 1. Oh boy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck, Donaldo. My thoughts are with you. :)

Tom said...

yes, good luck, and in lieu of my good thoughts being with you, I'd like to send my calculator, and a cheat sheet to be with you...I just hope they get there on time ;)

-t