Sunday, March 19

8 drinks

I was just going to post about how good I was this weekend and how I hardly had anything to drink. But then I really thought about it and realized that I had 8 drinks over the weekend. Somehow, that was a light weekend.

Friday night, Christie, Justin, and I did non-Irish things. We went for dinner at P. F. Chang's. Then we went bowling. Ok, then we went to a bar, but it was already the 18th by then. Saturday was uneventful. A little studying. A little swimming. Lunch with the intense intern. Garrison Keillor. Dinner with coworkers for a 30th birthday party. Then we went out to play pool and darts. The girls had the pool table first. They played for 75 minutes. They played one game. On average, each ball took 5 minutes to sink. Of course, if you also count their scratches they averaged one ball every 3 minutes. My highlight of the night was when I pulled my dart team back in the game with 4 bull's eyes on 3 darts. It felt great.

This morning I taught the Sunday School class for Senior High. I am extremely motivated to mobilize the youth in our church. I want my church to succeed. And I think a good place to start is with the kids. There were 6 in class today. I'm going to try to organize some events to do with them. And I'm definitely planning some lessons for the Sunday School.

Mick and Christie came over for dinner tonight. I talked a good deal about church. I think I have Mick on board for whipping our church into shape. And perhaps we can convince Christie to join us too. To join the good fight.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked how you started this post with drinking and ended it with church.

Tom said...

Did you feel great about "4 bull's eyes on 3 darts" because you managed to DEFY THE LAWS OF PHYSICS AND COUNTING?

I'm no darts player, but hitting the bullseye four times on three throws might just be a little TOTALLY MADE UP.

Maybe you're right, I felt great when I made TIME STAND STILL and the last time I added 1 and 1 and 1 and got 4.

Donny said...

The outer ring of the bull's eye counts as 1. The inner circle counts as 2. Or 25 points and 50 points. So, I hit two outers and then one inner. It was awesome. We were playing cricket and it brought us back.

Anonymous said...

it would have been funnier if you just added wrong.