Tuesday, March 14

Busy

I'm taking full advantage of my company's overtime policy these days. I'm going in a little early and staying late. I have plenty of work that I don't even think I'll be able to finish by the deadlines, but noone will be able to say that it was for a lack of trying. Of course, some things are losing my attention because of this extra time at the office like blogging and sleeping.

However, I have been able to start up some new activities. Tyrone and I are meeting at the library on a regular basis. He needs to start focusing on his studies or he's going to go nowhere fast. And I need to prepare for my May exam too.

The weather was nice enough this weekend that Jake and I went to the tennis court twice. He played in high school, so he was able to give me some pointers - especially because it's been a year since I last touched my racquet.

I'm getting a little bit more involved at church. I went on a weekend retreat two weeks ago and got to know some of the other congregants. They also got to know me and I think have more respect for me now. This past Sunday I stayed for a meeting after church to discuss the Youth programs for the church. I got a fed up with some of the discussion and I think I may have shown some of my anger. Of course, this only led to me signing up for things that I may not be ready for. But I can't really see myself doing worse than the current situation.

Jake is out of town for the next two weeks. Maybe this'll give me some time to focus on getting things in order. Actually it's more likely to cause me to get anxious and I'll get less done at home. It seems that when he's gone, I'm less likely to be at home. It's not that we spend so much time together. It's just lonely to spend all day at work and then the evenings in the apartment. I'd rather head off to the library or a coffeeshop or the gym.

No comments: