Sunday, March 12

Laundry

I can't believe how much lint my clothing creates in the dryer. I bet after 4 loads I have enough to make another shirt. Which leads me to wonder why I don't lose a shirt after every 4 loads.

I realized that some of my new undershirts have holes in them. Extra holes besides the neck and arm holes. But then I thought to myself, "Summer's coming. And I'll appreciate the extra ventilation.

Should I wash my clothes before throwing them out? And I mean really throwing them out, not just giving them to Goodwill. It just feels weird either way - to take off the clothes and put them straight into the garbage can or to wash them and dump them in the laundry room. In the former case, I think to myself that I had just worn them, they were perfectly good clothes five minutes ago, and now suddenly they're trash. In the latter case, I always rationalize that I just spent money and time to wash the article of clothing, now I have to wear it once more.

The moral of the story is that I don't throw out clothes. Even if they're worn thin because of the copious amounts of lint that accumulate after each washing. Even if they have holes in them. My room is going to fill up with clothes. This is another reason to lose weight. Smaller clothes will take up less room and give me more time before they fill my room.

No comments: