Tuesday, May 17

Computer problems

This past weekend I experienced some computer problems and I have no idea if they are related. First, my computer crashed a few times. Since then I have run all of the virus, spyware, adaware, etc. programs that I have. Today, nothing has gone wrong with the computer, so I hope the problem has been resolved. Second, I'm receiving foreign spam. I think the language is German but I'm not really sure. Normally, gmail is good at filtering out spam that I receive, but the foreign words are somehow getting through. I have begun to label things as "spam" so gmail is learning what to filter and I think the problem is under control. However, I don't like the idea of my name being on spam lists. Third, my email at work is sending messages to people. I have received a few warnings from Mailer Daemon that my messages are returning, but I never sent those messages out! My IT department (Joe) tells me that he's not going to do anything about it unless the problem becomes excessive - 10 emails or more each day.

So, the lesson is to not open anything from me that looks suspicious. And, anything written in German from me you should consider suspicious because I don't know any German.

No comments: