Saturday, May 21

Father-Son Bonding

My dad and I are going to Alaska. I have a few weeks to get ready. I have to find airfare and make travel arrangements. The town that I need to get to doesn't exactly have an international airport; I think I will need to take a ferry, maybe a train - I don't know. Dad has already asked me to help him make his reservations. He's not exactly computer savvy. Today he told me, "I'm not really an e-mail kind-of guy." Yeah, I know, Dad. But you're going to have to be. This outfitter is in Utah, our destination is Alaska, and your traveling companion is in Wisconsin.

He also mentioned tent-purchasing today. This was a topic I wanted to avoid, but I suppose it would have to be brought up eventually. I don't want to share a tent with my dad. He snores. He's messy. And because he's the dad, he wins all arguements. We are an "odd couple" and I am the Felix. And Felix usually loses, because entropy has an advantage. The advantage is the Second Law of Thermodynamics. (I bet you had no idea this is where this posting would lead.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are going to alaska! that will be a blast!!! transportation is tough - steve and i are going to the north cascades in august and we have to take 2 planes, an amtrack, 2 buses and a ferry to get to the park. (but the whole thing costs less than $300 per person, if you can believe that.) anyway, i'm so glad you decided on alaska! take lots of pictures!