Saturday, July 30

Sausage Race

Last night I was out dancing until 2 am with a coworker and her friends - 80s night. I was teased a good deal for the fact that I was born in the 80s.

This morning I still managed to wake up for the 5K Sausage Race at Miller Park. I had registered weeks ago and had already paid my entry fee. Karen was supposed to run with me but she wimped out. But that's ok. She still, kept me company, and cheered me on. We also met a coworker of mine, Mike. Mike ran the race in 23 minutes. I ran it in 30. So we didn't see each other for the whole race.

My favorite part of the race was the fact that the famous Racing Sausages, ran along side of us. I'm disappointed in my self, though because the Bratwurst and the Polish Sausage both had better times than I had. But at least I beat the Hot Dog and Italian Sausage.

After the race, all of the runners received either a free bratwurst or hot dog. The idea of eating that after the run didn't sound appealing but surprisingly it was great.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't care what i am doing, next year i am going to run that sausage race with you.

mark my words donald.

Anonymous said...

donny my favorite thing about your blog is your titles. they are almost always so simple yet elegant. like you. i really like them.