Monday, October 10

holiday

Was today a holiday? I noticed that none of my friends posted today except for Jenn, who wrote about her day off. I worked. I worked for a little under 12 hours. And I did not enjoy it.

The best part of today was after work. A friend of mine from Pennsylvania, Christie, has moved to Milwaukee and tonight, we met at a local bar. I had dinner and she had some post-dinner soup. She told me about her weekend and how she's doing in Milwaukee. She ended up moving into the same apartment complex that I'm in, though a different building. It's funny that she's going through some of the same experiences that I had a year ago. For example, she tried the neighborhood church, where they prey on young people, and was frightened away despite their zealous invitations to socialize after church.

She realized that everyone else at work is married. And they talk about football all of the time. (I let her know that the football talk doesn't stop when the season is over either.) Her boss drives an SUV and has a W '04 sticker on it. Christie's an environmental engineer and was greatly bothered by this last discovery. At least I know that she's signed on for a year-long lease, so she has to give Milwaukee a decent chance.

1 comment:

Tom said...

I posted thrice on tuesday to make up the difference.

we're meeting in chicago on friday am, right?