Sunday, September 25

definition of friend

I was looking on the facebook today - I had to confirm that John really is my friend. Anyway, I have two exams to prepare for so I certainly spent some time randomly looking at other people's friends. I did a search on my high school and I got a ton of names. Very few of them graduated with me, but I recognized a good number of family names. It's a small town, we know about everybody.

My question though is: "Is it strange to request to be friends with kids I used to babysit for?" Well, whatever you say, I already did. Also, some extra information: their mother used to send me raunchy forwards. You know, the type with naked fat women jokes and the accompaning picture. I learned to screen her emails. So, it's not as if I crossing some sort of "inappropriateness line" with this family. It's just - Would it be weird to receive a friend request from a guy that used to come to your house on Saturday nights, order a pizza, and then tell you to go to bed at a reasonable hour (usually 10 minutes before the parents were due home, yes, my RAing skills were honed as a babysitter.)?

1 comment:

Tom said...

not only order a pizza, but help move the couch and coffee table out of the way so the living room floor would be open for hours of knee-hockey madness. "What do you mean they were wired when you got home ms. Smith? I gave them each a glass of warm milk and sent them to bed at seven thirty... No, I have no idea why they would be up at midnight screaming about sudden death tie-breakers...Ok, good luck, see you next weekend!"