Friday, September 16

The Spawn of Tom & John

I'm going to have a tough time explaining why my coworker reminds me of Tom and John, combined. His name is Thomas and he's from North Carolina. He went to school in Texas. So, I suppose his Southern background makes me think of John. He is also very smart though it is mostly in math and finances. But I'm constantly impressed with his knowledge of social sciences and current events.

He has the same facial expressions of John. The look of shock on Thomas's face when LA Michael confessed to crying throughout the entire 3rd season of Felecity could only be matched by John's look when Ray would talk about guns and/or Beauty & the Beast. He is also good at flirting with the girls, though I wonder if he's really interested in them. A good deal of his attention is spent on Jison (married for 7 years) and Angela (engaged this week). He's also a spiffy dresser. Today he wore cuff links though it was Denim Friday.

Thomas reminds me of Tom mostly because he dances like him. I don't mean in a club or some other dance setting. But he dances when he's waiting for food - in the lunch line or when choosing candy for the sleepy afternoons. He also dances while sitting in class; one can tell when he's figured out a problem. His shimmies are similar to Tom's when he learns that new comic books are released or when he's listening to songs about Christian vegetables or hears that Johnny Damon has a new haircut.

I would say that Thomas's style or intelligence reminds me of Tom, but it doesn't - just his dancing. Those other aspects are John's.

Also, John, one of my coworkers from Boston is gay (maybe) and he's cute - I think. He lives in the North End. And he's an actuary; he's a good provider. Anyway, I know you have Daniel and I'm not sure if it's improper for me to mention this or not - but I thought I would because every time I talk to this guy I think, "I like him. How can I introduce him to John?"

I've also met quite a few people from Philly, but I don't think any are worthy of Adina or Dan's time, especially given the fact that they're engaged now. Actually I don't like a good number of the people that I've met from the Philadelphia office.

No comments: