Thursday, September 15

Half Day

We only had a half day of class today. Boy did I need the break. I had originally thought that I would spend the afternoon exploring Atlanta, but instead, my friends and I walked around the local mall. We didn't even see a movie as we had originally planned. But Jison did get a pedicure.

Trivia went well last night. There were four rounds of ten questions each. We placed third; prizes went to the first two teams. Our team name was "Get it in There," which is a phrase that our instructor has been using all week - long story, not very good story either. But my teammates thought it was great. The questions weren't nearly as difficult as the ones I'm used to at Our House, but it was still a good deal of fun. How did Al Capone die? What were the only two states to join the Union on the same day? In what city were the Dirty Harry movie set?

3 comments:

Tom said...

chicago, baseball bat, missouri and a southern state I forget so that representation of the free vs. slave states wouldn't swing congress.

also: Jison?

Donny said...

No.
No.
And that's the same reasoning I gave to list Missouri and California and everyone believed me. But it's wrong.

Jison. It's Korean. Sometimes I call her Hyun-Gee accidentally.

Tom said...

the missouri compromise? missouri and maine.

capone died in prison of syphillis

LA