Tuesday, April 19

Discover Chris

I'm already tired of this running gag. I just want my $21.65 back.

Thank you for your message regarding a transaction on your Discover Card Account. If you would rather speak with someone about this situation, please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-347-2683.

I would be happy to help you with an investigation if needed. So you are aware, the merchant has 15 days from cancellation to issue credit. If it is beyond this time, we can begin the investigation. Please reply to this message with the date of cancellation so I can begin to look into this for you.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you for choosing to use Discover Card.

Sincerely,

Chris

Hi Chris,

The number you gave me is the same as 1-800-DISCOVER. Did you think I wouldn't figure that out? I was actually looking for a direct number to you (or Trevor or Gail). This method would be much more useful than for me to call an automated system, for which there is no choice for "disputed charges", and when finally talking to a person, to have to explain the situation again. Why can't I just talk to you (or Trevor or Gail)?

As I said in a previous message (I think that one was to Gail), I called Intuit to cancel the charge on April 7th. However, I think I called India, so they probably have the call on their record for April 8th. Is that the date that you are looking for? That's also the original date that I called 1-800-DISCOVER (aka 1-800-347-2683).

As for questions and concerns, why have I received three responses from three different people?

Let me know if you need any other information from me. However, I think I've given you all I have at this point.

Thanks,

Don

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can tell Chris is a manager by his clever 800 # trick. I bet you are being passed up and up the discover ladder. Soon you'll be receiving emails from "Joe Discover, founder of Discover cards". Maybe you'll get a tote bag. If you do, I get dibs.

My manager just walked in as I was blogging you. A little ironic. I was able to slide in the "I was about to leave" comment, but I think he thinks I am a slacker. Every time he passes our office, Dot and I are drinking bloody Mary's and chatting.

Tom said...

you drink bloody maries at work? wow. that is a cool job.