Sunday, April 17

Discover Gail

I was charged twice to file my Wisconsin Income Taxes. It's not the money. It's not the principle either. It's more the frustration of dealing with "customer service." I am doing my part to take down the system, are you?

Here are some of the messages I worked on tonight. From the text you'll understand why I am not able to publish all of the messages I worked on. I'll keep you updated if the story actually becomes interesting.

Hi Gail,

I have been logged off twice while typing a response to you. This website needs to give us more time to write these little messages. Of course, if there were a phone number at which you could be reached that would be much easier. I am probably going to send this message in pieces so that I won't be logged off again and lose what I had already typed.

I am responding to the questions you had regarding my request to reverse a charge on my account.

Hi Gail,

This is my second reply:

I don't have the title of the service that I received. It was through Turbo Tax, which I suppose is operated through Intuit. It was not a program that I downloaded, I was only paying to electronically file my state income taxes. I was charged to access my information twice; the first payment should have allowed me to access my documents as often as I wanted to. When I try to go back to the Turbo Tax website, I cannot get to the page on which the service is listed. Because I have already paid for the service, that page automatically is passed over. (I wish that pass over had happened the second time. And then neither of us would be going through this.)

Hi Gail,

This is my second attempt at my third reply. I was logged out in the middle of my first try.

In response to your second question, I called Intuit on April 7th. However, I think I called India so it will probably be documented on April 8th. I think I called India because I talked to a man named Raj and he had trouble with the word "Wisconsin". He didn't have trouble pronouncing it; he just seemed as if he had never heard it before. He very well could have been in the States but my bet is on the Indian sub-continent. He only gave me the authorization number; he said that was all I would need for you to reverse the charge. It was pretty easy to get the number from him which leads me to believe that this is common problem that they come across.

Hi Gail,

This is my fourth response:

I also called 1-800-DISCOVER the night that I talked to Raj. The woman that I talked to that night told me to wait until the charges actually showed up on my account. She could tell that the charges had been made but she said that I should wait until they were authorized before I had them unauthorized. This seemed like it only creates extra work for you.

I have no other documentation nor anything else to add to my story. I did not keep good records because I did not anticipate needing to explain this much to anybody. It seems as if Intuit should be able look at my record and see that I paid twice to access the same account.

If there are any other things that you need, please let me know. It would be much easier for me to contact you on a phone, however, instead of this messaging service - unless you hang up on your customers as often as this site logs off. haha.

Thank you for your help,

Don

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who is this "Don"?

Anonymous said...

Have you thought of typing your response in Word and CUTTING AND PASTING???
Gosh!! Hindsight is so 20/20.

Tom said...

no. way better to post in small increments. also great finish. "hang-up as often..." fabulous. party on wayne. I mean don. party on.

-t