Thursday, April 21

Discover Renate

Ah, Renate. A name like that would not be made up. What kind of name is that anyway? I hope this will be the last of my entries in this series.


Thank you for your reply. I do apologize for any frustrations. I am investigating the charge from Intuit. At the same time, I have placed a temporary credit on your Discover Card Account for $21.07, which will remain on your Account until the issue is resolved.

It usually takes three to four weeks for an investigation to be completed. Once we receive additional information we will keep you informed via printed mail.

I hope I have answered your question to your satisfaction. Thank you for your continued business with Discover Card.

Sincerely,

Renate

Thank you, Renate,

I appreciate your message. The previous messages had the impersonal feeling of an automated answering service. I was beginning to doubt that I was actually communicating with a real person. Why is it that the same person never responded to me twice? Are my questions passed on to other people? Or is this really a computer program that randomly "signs" a name to each message?

I don't expect to hear from you again, Renate, however, I did appreciate your message.

Thanks,

Don

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You said ,What kind of name is that anyway?
That's my roommate's mom's name!! Jeez. It's three syllables, in case you were thinking it was something like re-NATE (like, to Nate again or something).
P.S. I'm moving to Chicago in July.

Anonymous said...

I thought it rhymed with "Senate". I can't even figure out how the three syllables might sound.

I bet you that this is not the end of your Discover grief. In fact, I would bet you $21.07 that this is only the beginning. Keep us posted.