Friday, March 4

Brian (not Austin) Greene

Prof. Brian Greene of Columbia was at the Milwaukee Public Library last night to promote his book, The Fabric of the Cosmos. His last book, The Elegant Universe, explained Superstring Theory and how it pulls together Relativity and Quantum Mechanics. His new book expands on humankind's interpretation of space and time. While Dr. Greene is brilliant, he's also known for his ability of describing extremely complex ideas to laypeople. I went to the lecture with some friends, Oscar, Karen, and Andy - not physicists, but intelligent people looking to learn as much as possible about our world. We all enjoyed the lecture and wish it had lasted longer. I have such a better appreciation for science and math and I am motivated to learn as much as I can about everything - even interest theory and finance. We went to a coffeehouse afterwards and talked about a lot of things - books, movies, the rural T of PA (I've never heard of that.). It felt good to joke around with buddies again; it reminded me of late nights in college.

No comments: