Wednesday, March 2

cactuses

I saved my cactuses. From myself. Or at least from the lack of my attention. I had forgotten to water them for what must have been a very long time; they are cactuses, you know. And yesterday I noticed that they were turning brown and becoming wrinkled and less succulent. Perhaps I shouldn't leave them on my heater anymore? Anyway, I thought they were dead, but I gave them a good watering and today they look much stronger. I think they're going to make it after all. I keep telling them that it's not neglect, but tough love. I want them to know what it's like to live in the wild with dry seasons and rainy seasons. I do this for their own good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have a small plant (some sort of miniature palm I believe) at work. Our office has no windows, and all we feed it is what's left at the bottom of sodas when we're done with them. Yet, it's been there for seven years.