Tuesday, March 29

pending doom

Again, today at work, I was the center of some office tension. People are fighting over me again. Turf battles are waging and I am the turf!!! Everyone wants to tell me what to do but there are only so many hours in the day for me to do stuff. I've heard rumors that emails have been sent to my supervisor, Deb, and she will be returning from her vacation tomorrow. So, I should be expecting to talk with her tomorrow about how my time is being portioned out amongst my client teams and projects. I will sit in front of her in fear. Yes, I am afraid of my manager, all 105 lbs of her (and 10 of those pounds are hair). I have no problem speaking to anyone one else in my firm. I can speak in front of large groups. I remain calm when talking to beautiful women. But Deb scares me. The fear is illogical; she's a very nice woman, whom everyone in the office likes and respects. Most times that I meet with her, she tells me good news like I've been hired, or I'm going to Chicago for a week, or I'm getting a raise.

I would like to trade this fear for some other type of phobia - like the fear of fish, Ichthyophobia. (Thanks, Tom.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

because i hop from one blog to the next fairly quickly, i thought this blog was tom's. then it said, thanks tom, and i thought, why would tom thank himself. i actually thought that. it took me a second to realize it was donny's blog, not tom's.

other things i thought while i was reading this blog:
- tom sounds like he is having problems similar to donny's.
- tom is NOT calm when he speaks to beautiful women (remember the pretty girl next to the printers - note to TOM: see! though i may SKIM some entries, i RETAIN the information i DID catch like a CAMEL).
- i thought tom's boss was a man.