Monday, March 21

midnight train to georgia

More like the 6am train to Chicago. I'm seriously thinking about "accidentally" sleeping in and missing my train. It's not like it hasn't happened before. And the training is for Funding Basics, which doesn't exactly seem to be worth the trip - especially because funding requirements are going to change in the next year and I would wager that the instructor will not be well-prepared. However, I do like the opportunity to take a nap on the train and get paid overtime for it. Perhaps, I'll just see what happens.

This will be my first of two trips to Chicago this week. On Saturday, I will be driving there to meet Jackie and Steve. How appropriate to see Jackie over Easter weekend. Let's hope that this time her shoulder remains connected and we don't spend the day in the ER.

3 comments:

Tom said...

So I'm reading the Sports Guy's running diary of the NCAA basketball tournament with some friends, one of whom is "Chip from Milwaukee" and in one of his asides he quotes an email from a reader

---
3:26 – A leftover e-mail from Gavin in Milwaukee: "Your buddy from Milwaukee goes by 'Chip?' You got ripped off my friend. If you wanted a REAL buddy from Milwaukee you should have gotten one named Stosh or Karl or Stan. Or at least something Irish Catholic sounding. I bet Chip's not even really from Milwaukee. He's probably a candy ass from one of those north shore suburbs."



(Yup, he's from Mequon. And he's definitely a candy ass. And I definitely got ripped off.)
---

I think you should def. post when you meet someone named "Stosh"

Tom said...

to clarify, the Sports Guy is watching the tournament with his friend Chip.

Donny said...

I think you mean "Stash" which is the Polish version of Stan. I know this because I come from a part of the country where the state song is a polka.