Sunday, March 20

potluck

Most of today is being spent cleaning up after my potluck party last night. I think it was a success. About 10 people came; we ate meatloaf & spinach salad (mine), bruschetta, guacamole, sticky rice, and apple cake (made by Andy's mom, but in his defense he cut up the apples). We played games and I think everyone had a good time. However, one person did fall asleep and normally I would account that to alcohol and not the company, but he hadn't had anything to drink.

My guests were fashionably late by about 30 minutes, but Jack and I started the party on time. I think this will be my new way of reducing the anxiety of the beginning of the party. I think it also sets a good atmosphere for the guests if the host is already half-way through the whisky by the time they arrive.

The purpose of this party was to empty my fridge. I had a lot of various beers - some only 3 or 4 bottles. I had a bottle of red wine, and the aforesaid bottle of JD. I cut up the vegetables that I had available for dipping and served the pretzels from my last get-together ( I think they were stale.) Anyway, people still brought alcohol, so my stock hasn't necessarily been depleted, just updated. I now have only Sierra Nevada, a bottle of white wine, and a bottle of Capt. Morgan.

It's also important to note that Dr. Evil made an appearance. I have life-sized, cardboard cut-out of the Mike Myers character(long story) and he stood in the corner of my living room all evening. A little creepy at first, I think my guests grew to love him. He's going back under my bed today; he's freaking me out. He's looking at me right now.

1 comment:

Tom said...

haha, I watched austin powers last night

riiiiight.

ahahaha, I love that guy. did you know he was modeled on lorne michaels?