Wednesday, June 22

Any day in which you can get a tan at work is a good day at work.

This title was a quotation of mine from earlier today.

Today was my company's golf outing. We spent all day on the links. 18 holes. Beautiful weather. Good lunch. Comp'ed drinks from the beverage cart. Good dinner.

Luckily my four-some was not too competitive. We were playing "scramble" which means that the whole team takes their shots from the position of the best lay of the previous shot. This is a great way to keep less experienced golfers from being frustrated. I don't really have any good stories from today. I think golf makes for bad blog material. However, the consultant, the two client representatives on my team, and I had a great time. We laughed a lot. Mostly they laughed at me. I spent most of my day looking for my balls in the brush and the woods and on other fairways. But this was some great practice and maybe some incentive to go out again this summer.

Also, my team one a prize. For highest score. It's a good prize, though, I don't mind winning it at all.

And, after golf I went to the Brewers-Cubs game. Brewers won. Great day, but back to the grindstone tomorrow.

1 comment:

Tom said...

what was the prize? at the annual Hibos golf tourney I play in last place earns a set of pink golf balls for each of the foursome. (Because they're easier to see)