Sunday, June 5

Riversplash

Last night was great. Pat McCurdy rocked Riversplash. Simon and I met up with Laura. We got drunk on Miller Products and sang and danced with our fellow Milwaukeeans. Pat McCurdy started with "Tonight, I'm gonna ruin my life." and ended with "Sex and Beer". I forgot how bawdy his show is. And everyone sings along and does the strange dances. Simon was impressed at how much we, Americans, got involved in the show. He always comments on how little dancing and singing we do in bars compared to Europeans. It was great having Laura come out with us as well. She's a great deal of fun, especially in these loud kind of parties. She met up with us at Jazz in the Park on Thursday night and kept pressing us for what our "Stripper songs" would be. I picked Soul Decision's "Faded." Simon copped out with Randy Newman's "You can leave your hat on."

Very hungover this morning.

Simon packed up his stuff today and I drove him to the bus station. He left me with a good deal of extra items that he would not bother to carry home. I don't think I'm going to need to buy paper products or cleaning supplies for the next year! I certainly will miss having him around. Having a buddy next door reminded me of college life - always someone to eat dinner with, go out for a drink, or just to wind down after a long day. As we parted, we both said that if the other was in his home country (or continent) that we should let the other know. I was serious (not just polite) and I think he was too. A trip to Europe would be cool. I will have to plan for one in the next year.

In other news, I signed my lease for another year in my current apartment. So, I'm not buying a condo. I'm not even moving to another floor in my building. I thought about Freshman year of college and how I moved, thinking that I could find something better. But sophomore year, I regretted my decision. So, I'm staying put. And if I do end up finding someone willing to split a two-bedroom, there are some great ones available in my building.

Tonight's Riversplash is finally breaking up. The sudden rain showers are driving people out a little early. I watched the fireworks from my apartment. I could also hear the music from the Styx tribute band.

"Why must you be such an angry, young man? Well, your future looks quite bright to me."

No comments: