Wednesday, June 15

what a day!

Every day should be Flag Day.

I woke up early. Hit the pool. Swam a mile. Go me.

I brought red, white, and blue M & M cookies to work because it's my treat day and it's Flag Day. They were homemade, which impressed everybody.

Two of my coworkers kept "fighting" over me to do their work. Both of them are on both of the client teams so they mostly teased me about getting more work done than I could possibly do. The three of us report to the same consultant so it would be easy to tell her that one project was not completed because I was working on the other. She would have to set priorities for us.

I received a response to an e-mail I sent to someone who is looking for an apartment in Milwaukee. He's looking to move in the summer and I am looking to move into a cheaper two-bedroom place in my complex. From his e-mail I found out that he graduated from BU in 2003. And then, when I got to his name at the end of the e-mail, I realized that I knew the guy. Actually I knew of him, not him personally. His brother had been active at the university chapel. And he was an RA in my building the year before I became one. What a strange coincidence. I feel like I've already done a background check on him and he's passed. I know based on his brother that he's trustworthy and laid-back. And based on what the other RAs said of him, he's a cool guy to be around too. This has the potential to work out well.

After work, I took Ann to meet my book club. We discussed the first half of Middlemarch. Ann agrees that they're an odd group of people but they are intelligent and have a good deal of insight into the literature. She's coming back next month to discuss the second half of the book.

I picked up Molly from her nunnery. Molly's in town with Habitat for Humanity. They're building a house, but they're not too organized so she's frustrated. Also, the rest of her group is concentrating more on the partying after hours than the building. We went out for a later dinner and walked around the city a little. It's great to talk to an old friend. We caught up. We compared our life events from the past year. Being that she's getting married in September, she has much more interesting life events in the last 12 months than I've had. She's not really in a nunnery. But she and the other 6 girls are staying a church, in its parsonage or whatever Catholics call the dormitory for their priests next to the church.

I arrived home late after such a full day. And tomorrow will be here soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

holy cajole molly is getting married?

Johnny Sapphire said...

who is the guy? now i'm all curious.

Tom said...

boy are you guys out of the loop.
and donny, it's called a rectory

Donny said...

Matt's brother, Jake.

Anonymous said...

i thought, i'll tell donny it's called a rectory, but i bet tom has already beaten me to it. and then i checked the comments and bam!.

Congratulations to Molly! I don't know how to contact her, so please pass along my good wishes.