Thursday, June 30

Half-way through the year.

My client meeting went well today. I had put together the agenda and was the driving force to get through it. Even though it was the consultant that did most of the talking and answered a good number of questions, I'm beginning to speak up more and take a bigger role in our processes. This is certainly appropriate as people are leaving the office and others will have to step up and fill their roles.

For lunch the office workers went out to say farewell to the "people manager" who is getting a job that will allow her more time to spend with her children. While I never really had to work with my boss, I will miss the attitude that she set in the office. People were more serious with her around and I always felt more confident knowing that she was in charge. I have no idea who's going to take on her role. I really think the title of "people manager" is stupid.

Fireworks are exploding around the city. SummerFest has begun. But I spent this evening at the office.

The stars have come into alignment and my checkbook has balanced. This has me concerned because I'm assuming that I've somehow made enough mistakes that they've all cancelled out.

No comments: