Thursday, June 16

it's a nice day...to start again.

I'm going home this weekend for a wedding. This will be first wedding of high school friends. Patty and Bird. They dated in high school and now they're finally getting hitched. I've known Patty for a long time; she was my semi-formal date in 11th grade. But there are no hard feelings. Bird was my best friend in 3rd grade. Back then I called him Jason. Because that is his name.

Part of me is extremely excited to go home and see my friends and family. But then most of me is not. Some of this feeling is due to the "Class Reunion" atmosphere that this wedding will have. Also, the fact that I'm one of the only people who will be coming in from out of town Everyone else sees each other all the time, so I'm the odd-man out. Also, a good number of these people and I parted ways a few years ago, after a difference of opinion in London. The opinion was that since moving away for college, I had become a pompous ass. You can probably guess which side of the opinion I fell on. Anyway, this wasn't going to ruin the good time for, but it would provide some awkward situations - but nothing a keg of Yuengling couldn't smooth over, however.

The real reason I don't want to go to the wedding is because of something I learned this week about my friends. I don't feel that this is the best forum to discuss it - perhaps after the wedding. And it's not something shameful, so don't start the rumormill. But it's had me thinking.

Today, at work I was thinking about this a lot. And my trip home. And some other up-coming trips that I have. And then I didn't respond to some clients that I should have. And tomorrow the consultant will find out that I didn't. And then she'll find out that I haven't fully prepared the data for the valuation yet. And then she'll find out that I'm leaving early and won't be in on Monday. I also thought about the fact that just when I thought I had found a good roommate, I found out that there are no other 2 bedroom places available in my building. So, I was stressed out today at work. And my computer wouldn't print correctly. That's the real kicker.

But stressful days make for excellent after-work evening runs. And I did have a great run. And then I went back to the office.

No comments: